DALLAS (NCBWA) – Columbia College of
Missouri's Chris Wall, Central Baptist College of Arkansas'
Shane Stewart, and Kentucky Christian University's Evan Juniper
topped many impressive displays across the country as the
National Collegiate Baseball Writers Association honors it
Hitter, Pitcher, and Rookie of the Week awardees for March
Hitter of the Week: Stewart, a sophomore
infielder, hit safely in every game for the Mustangs and batted
all over the lineup, including hitting in the cleanup spot of a
15-2 win over William Woods University on March 26 that stopped
a potential three-game series sweep. Stewart tallied eight hits,
three of which were doubles, drove in six runs, and scored five
as part of a whopping .727 batting average.
Pitcher of the Week: Wall, the Cougars'
much-ballyhooed right-handed starter, made an impression-plus
against Harris-Stowe State University on March 26. The junior
tossed a no-hitter at the Hornets. He faced 22 hitters and
struck out 16 on a dazzling total of only 98 pitches.
Rookie of the Week: Juniper, holding down
the designated hitter role for the Knights, was almost
unstoppable. He finished a busy five-game week with 11 hits,
including three doubles and three home runs while driving in 16.
His monstrous RBI numbers were even more spectacular against
Johnson University in a KCU sweep, as he delivered eight of them
in one game.
Founded in 1962, the NCBWA is dedicated to the advancement of
college baseball. Membership is open to writers, broadcasters and
publicists of the sport. Members receive a membership card, directory,
newsletter updates and official votes in the Howser Award Player
of the Year, Regional Player of the Year and NCBWA All-America voting.
The NCBWA also sponsors preseason All-America awards, publication
and writing contests.
2021 NAIA Players of the Week:
• Week ending Feb. 7: Daniel Myers, Benedictine (Hitter); Chris Koeiman, Tennessee Wesleyan (Pitcher); Trevor Ball, Presentation (Rookie)
• Week ending Feb. 14: Gary Mattis, Tennessee Wesleyan (Hitter); Benjamin Harris, Brewton-Parker (Pitcher/Rookie)
• Week ending Feb. 28: Pedro Nazario, Cumberlands (Hitter); Robert Gonzalez, Tennessee Wesleyan (Pitcher); Carson Ford, Texas Wesleyan (Rookie)
• Week ending March 7: Jayden Adams, Concordia, Neb. (Hitter); Eli Jackson, Blue Mountain (Pitcher); Thaniel Thumper, Doane (Rookie)
• Week ending March 14: Justin Brooks, Middle Georgia State (Hitter); Dan Monear, Rochester (Hitter); Joe Osborn, Doane (Rookie)
• Week ending March 21: Zachary Presnall, Mobile (Hitter); Antonio Frias, Faulkner (Pitcher); Stephen Still, Loyola (Rookie)
• Week ending March 28: Shane Stewart, Central Baptist (Hitter); Chris Wall, Columbia College (Pitcher); Evan Juniper, Kentucky Christian (Rookie)
• Week ending April 4: Justice Lucas, Faulkner (Hitter); Garrett Martin, Middle Georgia State (Pitcher); Tucker Musgrove, Mobile (Rookie)
• Week ending April 11: Aaron Saal, Mount Vernon Nazarene (Hitter); Travis Keys, Aquinas College (Pitcher); Hayden Sullivan, Ava Maria (Rookie)
• Week ending April 18: Josh Sears, Freed-Hardeman (Hitter); Jared Davis, Texas A&M-Texarkana (Pitcher); Blaize Minick, South Carolina-Beaufort (Rookie)
• Week ending April 25: Adrian Reed, Madonna (Hitter); Benjamin Harris, Brewton-Parker (Pitcher/Rookie)