DALLAS (NCBWA) – The National Collegiate Baseball Writers Association released its NCAA Division II National Players of the Week awards for the week ending on April 9, 2023. Wayne State (Neb.) senior outfielder Colin Lynam, is the National Hitter of the Week and University of Indianapolis senior lefty Brady Ware is the National Pitcher of the Week.
Lynam (Springfield, Neb. / Northeast CC) recorded four multi-hit games across a 5-0 week for Wayne State, slashing .632/.696/1.316 for a whopping 2.011 OPS while driving in 13 runs and producing seven extra-base hits. The outfielder went 13-for-23 (.632) at the dish with three doubles, two triples and a pair of long balls – scoring 13 runs across five games. A Springfield, Neb., product, Lynam provided a 4-for-4 day at the plate in WSC’s series finale with Bemidji State while adding a three-hit game and a pair of two-knock days as part of his impressive performance.
Ware (Poway, Calif. / St. Katherine) Made baseball history as the first player (professional and collegiate) ever to throw a no-hitter and hit for the cycle in the same game. Ware struck out 11 batters and walked five against Drury, while he contributed six hits and seven RBIs on offense in series win over Drury. He hit for the cycle in reverse order (home run, triple, double, single).
Division II Regional Players of the Week:
- Atlantic: Blaise Zelders, Lock Haven (Hitter); Chase Nowak, East Stroudsburg (Pitcher)
- Central: Colin Lynam, Wayne State (Neb.) (Hitter); CJ Briley, Northeastern State (Okla.) (Pitcher)
- East: Jackson Haker, American International (Hitter); Josh Roberge, Southern New Hampshire (Pitcher)
- Midwest: Rudy Ramirez, Wayne State (Mich.) (Hitter); Brady Ware, Indianapolis (Pitcher)
- South: Dylan Standifer, Lee (Hitter); JP Gates, Valdosta State (Pitcher)
- South Central: Matt Marlow, Regis (Colo.) (Hitter); Reese Miller, West Texas A&M (Pitcher)
- Southeast: Marek Chlup, North Greenville (Hitter); Nick McCollum, Georgia Southwestern (Pitcher)
- West: Colby Moran, Northwest Nazarene (Hitter); Dylan O’Connor, Cal State San Bernardino (Pitcher)
Founded in 1962, the NCBWA is dedicated to the advancement of college baseball. Membership is open to writers, broadcasters and publicists of the sport. Members receive a membership card, directory, newsletter updates and official votes in the Howser Award Player of the Year, Regional Player of the Year and NCBWA All-America voting. The NCBWA also sponsors preseason All-America awards, publication and writing contests.