DALLAS (NCBWA) – The National Collegiate Baseball
Writers Association (NCBWA) released its monthly award
winners for February on Friday. N.C. State outfielder Brett
Kinneman was named National Player of the Month
and Ole Miss right-hander Brady Feigl was tabbed
National Pitcher of the Month.
Kinneman, a native of York, Pa., hit .487 (19-for-39) over nine
games in Febuary, slugging seven homers and driving in 23 runs.
He scored 11 runs, had a double and a pair of triples, stealing
a pair of bases and sporting a .533 on-base percentage. On the year,
Kinneman, a 2016 All-Atlantic Coast Conference Freshman Team selection,
has hit .418 in 16 games, with nine homers and 27 RBI, sporting
a .925 slugging and a .494 on-base percentage.
A native of Chesterfield, Mo., Feigl won both of his starts to
open the 2018 season, allowing just one unearned run in 12 innings,
fanning 12 and walking one. In his first four starts of the year,
Feigl has a 4-0 mark and a 1.03 ERA in 26.1 innings, fanning 25
with just two walks.
This marks the third season the NCBWA has honored a national
player and pitcher of the month.
Founded in 1962, the NCBWA is dedicated to the advancement of
college baseball. Membership is open to writers, broadcasters and
publicists of the sport. For more information about the NCBWA, visit
the association's official Web site,
For more information on the NCBWA Division I National Players
of the Month, contact NCBWA Assistant Executive Director
at West Virginia University at 304-293-2821.
2018 NCBWA Division I Players of the Week:
• Feb. 20: Jake Brodt, Santa Clara (Hitter); Nick Sandlin, Southern Miss (Pitcher)
• Feb. 27: Brett Kinneman, N.C. State (Hitter); Joe DeMers, Washington (Pitcher)
• March 6: Luke Heyer, Kentucky (Hitter); Payton Kinney, Omaha (Pitcher)
• March 13: Jacob Rhinesmith, Western Kentucky (Hitter); Casey Mize, Auburn (Pitcher)
• March 20: Joe Genord, USF (Hitter); Griffin Roberts, Wake Forest (Pitcher)
• March 27: Bren Spillane, Illinois (Hitter); Jake Lee, Oakland (Pitcher)
• April 3: Jon Littell, Oklahoma State (Hitter); Colton Eastman, Cal State Fullerton (Pitcher)
• April 10: Connor Pauly, Morehead State (Hitter); Scotty Sunitsch, Washington State (Pitcher)
• April 17: Ross Haffey, Miami, Ohio (Hitter); Noah Zavolas, Harvard (Pitcher)
• April 24: Josh Jung, Texas Tech and Steven Wells, Florida State (Hitter); Connor Van Hoose, Bucknell (Pitcher)
• May 1: Alex Holderbach, Eastern Kentucky (Hitter); Barrett Loseke, Arkansas (Pitcher)
• May 8: Adam Sasser, Georgia (Hitter); Haylen Green, TCU (Pitcher)
• May 15: Will Wilson, N.C. State (Hitter); Luke Heimlich, Oregon State (Pitcher)
• May 22: Will Holland, Auburn (Hitter); Sam Shutes, Toledo (Pitcher)
2018 NCBWA Division I Players of the Month:
• February: Brett Kinneman, N.C. State (Player); Brady Feigl, Ole Miss (Pitcher)
• March: Seth Beer, Clemson (Player); Casey Mize, Auburn (Pitcher)
• April: Alex Holderbach, Eastern Kentucky (Player); Connor Thomas, Georgia Tech (Pitcher)
• May: Cal Raleigh, Florida State (Player); Logan Gilbert, Stetson (Pitcher)