|ONLINE MEMBERSHIP DIRECTORY | THE SEPTEMBER FIFTH DOWN | WRITING CONTEST WINNERS|
|NEWS • AWARDS||MEMBER CENTER • THE FIFTH DOWN • STORE||ABOUT US • FAQ • HOME|
Please note that membership in the FWAA is open only to accredited members
of the media
Founded in 1941, the Football Writers Association of America consists of the men and women across North America who cover college football for a living.
The membership includes journalists, broadcasters and publicists, as well as key executives in all the areas that involve the game. The FWAA works to govern areas that include game day operations, major awards and an All-America team.
Through its website, the FWAA works to improve communication among all those who work within the game. The FWAA also sponsors scholarships for aspiring writers and an annual writing contest.
Behind the leadership of President George Schroeder and Executive Director Steve Richardson and a board of veteran journalists, the FWAA continues grow and work to help college football prosper at all levels. There are now over 1,000 members.
Benefits of FWAA membership include:
• Travel discounts from Hilton hotels and Hertz rental cars (with the corporate discount program code).
• The Membership Directory. The most complete college football media directory, which connects you with other writers and sports information directors. A membership card is included in the mailing in late August.
• A 10 percent discount to StuffBak.com, makers of permanent identity labels for your valuables like your cellphone and laptop computer.
• Access to the secured website, www.footballwriters.com, which also connects members with most of the college football world.
• A nomination for the 25-man FWAA All-America Team, Outland Trophy, and Bronko Nagurski Trophy and a vote for Eddie Robinson Coach of the Year Award.
• The FWAA newsletter, "The Fifth Down," on line.
• Participation in the FWAA Writing Contest with cash prizes and awards.
• Eligibility for a son or daughter to win the Volney Meece Scholarship (which is renewable four-year scholarship award).
• Eligibility for the FWAA Hall of Fame, which includes the past winners of the Bert McGrane Award. The award is named after the long-time FWAA secretary and is awarded each year to a member who has made outstanding contributions to the organization.
• Annual FWAA Meeting/Awards Breakfast (in conjunction with the Bowl Championship Series 1-2 game).
• OUTLAND •
EDDIE ROBINSON •
COURAGE AWARD • SUPER 11 • MEECE SCHOLARSHIP • BERT McGRANE • WRITING CONTEST
|Copyright , Football Writers Association of America | www.sportswriters.net | Contact Us|