DALLAS (FWAA) – Georgia Tech defensive end Eric Henderson
(New Orleans, La.) is this week's recipient of the Bronko Nagurski
National Defensive Player of the Week for his performance in
the Yellow Jackets' 17-3 win over Auburn this past Saturday.
The redshirt sophomore aided the Tech defense in holding the
Tigers to just 230 yards of total offense, including only 40 net
rushing yards. The 6-3, 265-pounder had three of Georgia Tech's
seven sacks in the game. He also had a tackle for loss and a forced
fumble, along with six tackles.
For the third straight season, an 8-member panel from the Football
Writers Association of America (FWAA) will select the winner of
the weekly award on behalf of the Charlotte Touchdown Club. The
winner is announced each Tuesday throughout the season.
Henderson will be added to the Watch List for the 2003 Bronko
Nagurski Trophy which will be presented on Dec. 8 in Charlotte,
N.C., by the FWAA and the Charlotte Touchdown Club.
2003 Bronko Nagurski Players of the Week
• Sept. 9: Eric Henderson, Georgia Tech
• Sept. 16: Jamaal Brimmer, UNLV
• Sept. 23: Corey Webster, LSU
• Sept. 30: Usama Young, Kent State
• Oct. 7: Dave Ball, UCLA
• Oct. 14: Jorge Cordova, Nevada
• Oct. 21: Keiwan Ratliff, Florida
• Oct. 28: Janssen Patton, Bowling Green
• Nov. 4: Derrick Johnson, Texas
• Nov. 11: Erik Coleman, Washington State
• Charlotte Touchdown Club