DALLAS (FWAA) – Oklahoma junior free safety Brandon Everage (Granger, Texas)
is this week's recipient of the Bronko Nagurski National Defensive Player of the Week Award
for his performance in the Sooners' romp over Iowa State this past Saturday in Norman.
Everage had two interceptions, four passes broken up, one sack (9 yards), three tackles
and one quarterback hurry in Oklahoma's 49-3 win. ISU quarterback Seneca Wallace came into
the game averaging 257.3 yards with a completion percentage of 64.6. Everage keyed the effort
that limited Wallace to a 4-of-22 outing with three interceptions. Wallace's completions amounted
to just 43 yards. Wallace also rushed six times for minus-28 yards. Iowa State logged only
60 total yards, some 372.4 yards below its average. The Cyclones had only five first downs for
the game and were 0-of-12 on third down.
A three-person panel from the Football Writers Association of America (FWAA) selects the
winner of the weekly award.
The FWAA and the Charlotte Touchdown Club pick a National Defensive Player of the Week each
Monday. Everage will be added to the Watch List for the Bronko Nagurski Trophy which will be presented
on Dec. 9 in Charlotte, N.C., by the FWAA and the Charlotte Touchdown Club.
2002 Bronko Nagurski Players of the Week
• Sept. 9: Maurice Sikes, Miami
• Sept. 16: Shane Walton, Notre Dame
• Sept. 23: Willie Pile, Virginia Tech
• Sept. 30: R.J. Jones, Missouri
• Oct. 7: Matt Grier, Mississippi
• Oct. 14: Corey Webster, LSU
• Oct. 21: Brandon Everage, Oklahoma
• Oct. 28: Terrell Suggs, Arizona State
• Nov. 4: Josh Ott, Boston College
• Nov. 11: Bobby Walker, Kansas State
• Charlotte Touchdown Club